Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Flee Review


Title: Flee

Author: Miranda Kavi

Series:

Publisher: Midnight Blackbird LLC

Release date: November 29, 2012



RATING:

Synopsis from Goodreads.com

I can fly.

I have to keep it a secret.

Everything was fine, until I met him.

I can’t stay away…

Aurora Lockette has a supernatural ability she hides from the world. Dhaval is a newly famous actor that shies away from the spotlight. When Aurora and Gavyn literally collide in a fender bender on her first day of law school, they are irresistibly drawn to each other.

When Aurora’s secret is revealed, she has no choice but to abandon Gavyn to go into hiding to escape the media frenzy. A secret society of gifted humans contacts her to warn of dark forces that seek to destroy her and everyone she loves.

Aurora must try to understand who and what she is while she fights to protect herself and her loved ones from a hidden, sinister force

My thoughts:

So I was really hoping to like this book because of the rave reviews that I've been seeing.  The synopsis was very interesting and different from what I've read before.  Sadly, I have to give this book a rating of 3 out of 5.  The story was enjoyable enough to keep me interested and the writing style was good that it wasn't choppy to read.  What I found was that the book didn't put me at the edge of my seat.  I wish that the book had more action and suspense.  I like a story that gives you clues about the mysteries that surrounds the story but not giving enough for the readers to predict it.  In this book, I found that the clues were very minimal then once the revelation comes, everything is served to you all at once that it's so overwhelming.  Another factor that I found was that I couldn't relate or connect to the characters.  I feel that the characterization lacked depth.  For example, midway the story, one of the characters stated that the heroine she was a "sharp little thing".  For me, the character didn't act like she was sharp until after the comment was made.  Lastly, I found that there were too many description of anything and everything that the main character was doing and observing, weirdly enough, the book didn't give any vivid imagery.  
    


No comments:

Post a Comment