Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Gravity Review


Title: Gravity

Author: Melissa West

Series: The Taking #1

Publisher: Entangled Teed

Release date: December 18, 2012




Synopsis from Goodreads.com

Seventeen-year-old Ari Alexander just broke that rule and saw the last person she expected hovering above her bed — arrogant Jackson Locke, the most popular boy in her school. She expects instant execution or some kind of freak alien punishment, but instead, Jackson issues a challenge: help him, or everyone on Earth will die.
Ari knows she should report him, but everything about Jackson makes her question what she’s been taught about his kind. And against her instincts, she’s falling for him. But Ari isn’t just any girl, and Jackson wants more than her attention. She’s a military legacy who’s been trained by her father and exposed to war strategies and societal information no one can know — especially an alien spy, like Jackson. Giving Jackson the information he needs will betray her father and her country, but keeping silent will start a war.

My thoughts:

HOLY FUDGECAKES (replace last word with an uncensored word) was my last thought when I finished the book.  Why?...because I could not believe that the book ended like that....Why?... because it's such a cliffhanger and I can't wait until the next book gets released...I WANT IT NOW

LOVED IT..

First, the author's writing style was great....everything flowed so well....and I have to say, the way the author writes makes or breaks the book for me.  Like what I usually say with the books that I love...It's like watching a movie in my head while reading the book...Through the author's descriptive words, i can imagine the world that she created.  I hope that the next book would have more of the alien world because it just sounds wonderful....

The characters....Ari is one of the most kick ass characters that I've ever read.  She's so tough, brave, and open minded.  I loved the way that she struggled with staying loyal to her family and race versus saving her world.  In the end, she did what she thought was best for all, or did she.....hmmm...I guess we'll find out soon...I hope...Next is Jackson....although arrogant at first, readers will learn to love him.  He is such a perfect match for Ari with his skills and concern for his own race.  Gretchen and Lawrence...readers will love them too for the wonderful friendship they share with Ari...

The storyline was great.  Enough twists and turns and action to keep the readers captivated.  And it did captivate me because I almost screamed when I reached the end.  MORE...I WANT MORE....

I am giving this book a rating of...


RATING: 5/5







No comments:

Post a Comment